Built by Peckettt and Son Ltd of Bristol in 1940 to works order no. 1990, it was employed by the West Midlands Joint Electricity Authority’s power station at Ironbridge. It remained there throughout its working life until retired in 1980, when it was sold to the Steamport Museum at Southport. In 1984 it was purchased by Telford Steam Railway and restored to working order at Horsehay. For ten years No3 was the main steam loco at Telford until her firebox was found to be life expired.
Until such time as funds allow, No.3 remains out of service requiring a new firebox and full overhaul.