Built in 1907 to diagram N as part of lot 1126, No 38 is known to have been used on the Cholsey and Wallingford branch in 1933, and then later as a drawing office at Cardiff Canton.  TSR purchased it whilst it was located at the Midland Railway Trust at Butterley in July 1977, from where it was transported by rail to Wellington Goods Yard in that August. Class 25 diesel number 25274 brought it up the branch from Lightmoor to Horsehay and therefore has the distinction of being the last vehicle to travel the line before it was lifted by B.R.

It was restored by a Manpower Service Commission project in the late 1980s but now requires extensive roof restoration before it can re-enter passenger service.


Share Page

Contact Us

The Old Loco Shed
Bridge Rd
Horsehay
Telford,
Shropshire,
TF4 3UH
Email Us

Sat Nav Users please use TF4 2NF.

TSR Volunteers

TSR Newsletter

Sign up to our newsletter for updates and event information!

Newsletter