The first type of DMU built by Birmingham R.C & W Ltd for British Rail, they eventually numbered over three hundred, being allocated to many London Midland and North Eastern depots.
Our fleet consists of a twin set containing DMBS 50479 and DMS 50531 both built in 1957. They are part of a larger private collection of class 104 units and have undergone restoration at Telford over a number of years. Currently they are only used for occasional hauled passenger stock use. We also house unrestored DMC 50556 and TBS 59228, both of 1958.