Ever thought of Volunteering?
Telford Steam Railway is entirely run and managed by volunteers. Our volunteers come from all walks of life and have a wide of variety of different skills, but we all work together to make Telford Steam Railway what it is.
As we start to think about extending our operations, make site improvements, and prepare for Polar Express we need to increase our numbers to enable us to improve our facilities without it affecting our normal running days.
On the 15th July we will be holding an open day for anyone who has considered volunteering and would like to find out more or have a go. All you need to do to become a volunteer is be a Full Member and undergo an induction, training for roles is provided as required.
To give you an idea of the sort of things we get up to here is a list of some of them by department
- Running the shop
- Running the Cafe
- Organising Driver Experience days (both administrative and performing front of house duties)
- Event Management (1940’s days, Polar Express, Easter Gala)
- Marketing (Digital and Traditional)
- Supervision of visiting groups
- School liaison
- Traction and Rolling Stock
- Locomotive maintenance
- Locomotive restoration
- Carriage restoration
- Site Facilities Management
- Electrical work
- Permanent Way
- Track Maintenance
- Track laying
- Train/Tram Driving (Steam and Diesel)
- Train Guard
- Ticket Inspector
- Locomotive preparation
If you would like to know more please drop us an email at email@example.com